Welcome to Detachment 585, we are so excited to welcome you to our family and team this year!
All new AFROTC Cadets are required to attend the upcoming New Student Orientation.
Where: 310 Trent Drive
Should you have issues locating us, please contact the Recruiting Officer at 919-660-1869 or via email at Det585cadre@duke.edu!
How to prepare for New Student Orientation
- Create a WINGS account here: WINGS Account Homepage
- Step-by-step tutorial here: WINGS Tutorial
- Register for classes. All Freshmen must register for AEROSCI 101 and AEROSCI 99L
- Sophomore and above must contact the detachment prior to registering for classes. Contact the Detachment RO at email@example.com
Note: Duke University is the host campus, all classes will be conducted at Duke University.
Step 3: Collect Required Documents
- Original Birth Certificate (Scans/Photocopies are NOT accepted)
- Original Social Security Card (Scans/Photocopies are NOT accepted)
- Most recent College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Copy of SAT or ACT scoresheet (if take). SAT/ACTs are NOT required to join AFROTC in college
- Male only: Selective Service ID # (print verification letter): https://www.sss.gov/verify/
- Prior military students only: Provide a copy of your DD Form 214/DD Form 785
Step 4: Complete Required Forms & AFROTC Sport's Physical
- New Student In-Processing Package Examples:
Note: Provide all documents to Detachment 585 in-person. Do NOT email any documents/forms to AFROTC Personnel.